- Why do I need a Move Manager? The organizational and physical tasks of planning and implementing a move can be overwhelming and take more time than most realize. ChangingSpaces was founded in 2011, through helping hundreds of clients, we have developed a process of move management that ensures that moves run smoothly. ChangingSpaces anticipates and identifies potential difficulties before they become costly problems. Our vetted resources provide our clients with competitive prices and superior service. We help busy families, seniors, and professionals.
- I don’t know where to start. Can you help me? ChangingSpaces has developed a system for moving, downsizing and organizing that works productively and efficiently. We review all elements of the job, create a plan and review the details with you. We get you started with a time-effective process, so you will see progress quickly.
- What if I just need to renovate my home or repurpose a space in my home? We help you plan the best use of a space according to how you will use it. We help find solutions that you may not realize are possible. ChangingSpaces applies our extensive knowledge to each project and we create a plan for every task.
- My mom will not agree to having a stranger in her home to help with her move. How can I convince her otherwise? ChangingSpaces was founded after helping our own parents. We have worked with many seniors and have the most advanced accreditation offered through our association, including training in ethical issues and meeting the needs of families and seniors. (nasmm.org). We understand that you have your own family and responsibilities, and it’s difficult to have the time and emotional energy to plan and oversee your parents’ move. ChangingSpaces takes the worry and work away from you, and your parents will quickly feel like we are a trusted part of the family. We treat your family as we would our own.
- What are the benefits of working with ChangingSpaces? ChangingSpaces is NASMM A+ accredited which is the highest level of professional achievement that can be awarded to a move management company. We employ a team of compassionate, helpful and experienced individuals and carry the maximum recommended insurance including worker’s compensation. We invite you to see our testimonials or ask us for references.
- How much does it cost to move with ChangingSpaces? Every move is different, and we tailor our services to fit your needs. ChangingSpaces provides a customized and detailed plan for every client. We provide a complimentary consultation so that we can gather information about your project and prepare a written proposal.
- How is ChangingSpaces different from a moving company? Moving companies are hired to take your items from point A to point B. We are space planners, organizational experts, sorters and decluttering pros. ChangingSpaces helps you plan your new space, design closets, and we assist with tough decisions of downsizing. If you ask a moving company to pack a room, they will do just that, labeling boxes from the room where they are packed – not taking into account where items are going, if they are needed, or if they are literally trash. Unlike movers, ChangingSpaces helps you with re-selling/donating items, floor planning, maintenance, closet planning and unpacking and settling everything into the new home.
- How will I know which furniture I should take to my new home? ChangingSpaces can create a floor plan and can even work with your designer if you have one. You tell us which pieces of furniture you like the most, and we will give you options and recommendations for the best arrangement.
- Can you help me decide which items to take, donate, or sell? We work closely with you to determine which items are most important to you, what will fit in your new space, and what to do with items you are not taking. You make the decisions, and we do the physical labor of lifting, packing, unpacking and arranging.
- What do I do with everything I am not taking with me to my new home? We have numerous trusted relationships with resellers, estate sale professionals and charities for the items you no longer need. We will help you get the most for your possessions.
- Can you help me get my house ready to sell? We are referred by many top real estate companies to stage homes to quickly get them on the market. We help you declutter, rearrange and edit furniture to showcase your home to its best effect. The great thing about using ChangingSpaces is that the time spent staging your home will shorten the process of sorting and packing for your move.
- How long does the process take to move from one residence to another? This depends upon how much there is to do in your home. Whether you are moving to a smaller, same size or larger home, you’ll want to review and edit your possessions to determine not only what will fit but also what items are no longer serving you. Each job is different and is tailored to fit your needs.
- How will I find a mover? ChangingSpaces has a list of trusted movers who meet our high standards that we work with all the time. We choose specific movers depending on your needs and goals. For example, in moving very high-end art, we know which companies excel in that area. We will coordinate onsite meetings and evaluate estimates for you. We are your advocate, and we demand great service at a reasonable price from our highly vetted resources.
- I need to design new closets for my wardrobe. How can you help? ChangingSpaces will work with you to sort your current closets and measure the space you need in your new home. We work with various closet companies that give us special pricing to benefit our clients. ChangingSpaces will help design a new closet system and will work with our vendors to install exactly what you need, whether you are moving or reorganizing your current space to make it more useful.
- My parents are moving. Will you create a plan where I can help? We will create a cohesive plan and listen to what you can handle and where you want our help. We can help with as much or as little as you need.
- How many Team Members will I work with at each session, and will they be the same people every time? It is important to know that all of our team members are employees, not contract workers. You will work with a Project Manager who will guide you through the entire process. Our experienced team will work with you on-site for sorting, packing, unpacking and settling you into your new home. The same team will work with you as much as is possible.
- What if I need new furniture or custom cabinets built? ChangingSpaces can oversee most renovations as well as design cabinets, bookcases, shelving and more. ChangingSpaces can shop for new furniture and provide you with choices.
- Do you charge by the hour or by the job? After an initial complimentary consultation, we will give you an estimate for the job you are asking us to do. This will be based on the number of hours we anticipate the tasks will take. This is a dynamic process and sometimes you’ll end up wanting more help, and sometimes you’ll learn our process and end up wanting to do more on your own. We are here to meet your needs.
Contact us for a consultation
Serving the metro Atlanta area
ChangingSpaces is an Atlanta-based company with access to experienced Professional Move Managers throughout the country. Through our participation with the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) and National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) our memberships can help keep you connected wherever your transitions take you.
4279 Roswell Road
Suite 208, #185
Atlanta, Georgia 30342